Deutsche Post AG’s new service divisionwill bring about savings of around100 million euros this year and 400-500million euros per year by 2009, managementboard member Frank Appel toldFrankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. ‘By 2009this division will cut the company’s costsby 400-500 million euros annually,’Appel said. Meanwhile, ver.di secretaryWolfgang Abel told daily HamburgerAbendblatt that the trade union expectsDeutsche Post’s planned consolidationof its parcel and mail operations will resultin 800-1,000 job cuts. He added thatthe cuts will mostly effect administrativeand executive positions. DeutschePost did not confirm the trade union’sfigures, however a spokesman said thatthere will be job cuts, the newspaperreported.
- FedEx adds Asia-Europe capacity with new PEK-CDG route
- IATA’s new North Asia head returns to Beijing
- Vietnam’s IPP Air Cargo targets September launch
- CEVA Logistics opens new warehouse in the Philippines
- Cainiao boosts parcel services to Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Hong Kong extends HK$7.8b bridge loan to Cathay