Top executives and well-renowned companies in the air cargo and logistics industry gathered in Singapore last Friday, 28 October, for the 9th edition of the Payload Asia Awards.
With restrictions out of the way, there was no shortage of handshakes and smiles with drinks flowing at the grand ballroom of Sheraton Towers Singapore. Over 130 top executives from across the globe attended the gala dinner and ceremony, with none other than Mr Anand Stanley, president of Airbus Asia-Pacific, delivering the keynote speech.
Exactly 22 trophies were handed out during the night with Singapore-based ground handler SATS Ltd. taking home two awards, including the Global Ground Handler of the Year. Polar Air Cargo, whose executives flew in from Hong Kong, also received two trophies, including the coveted top award Global Carrier of the Year.
“The highly coveted Payload Asia Awards are a true measure of the confidence of the industry in the ability of market players to deliver exceptional air cargo and supply chain service. It’s a great honor to be recognized by Payload Asia as both Global Carrier of the Year and Best E-Commerce Carrier of the Year! I could not be more proud of our teams around the world, whose focus on making connections with and for our customers and partners truly sets Polar apart,” commented Jon Olin, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at Polar Air Cargo.
Other mainstays at the awards like DHL Express, meanwhile, received the Global Express Provider of the Year for the seventh time, whilst Singapore Changi Airport was given the top award in the airport category.
“We are heartened to have received top honours from the industry as well as the Payload Asia panel of judges. I would like to appreciate our employees for their passion and steadfast dedication in delivering the most seamless experiences to customers even in difficult situations. In view of long-term growth and business sustainability, SATS will continue to drive service excellence in Singapore while replicating our capabilities and expanding our footprint globally,” said Bob Chi, Chief Executive Officer, Gateway Services, SATS.
This year’s awards ceremony was made even more interesting with newcomers in the Awards’ winners circle. GEODIS APAC took home the Outstanding Logistics Player of the Year, whilst Etihad Cargo, Raya Airways and Asia Cargo Airlines received trophies in their respective airline categories.
“GEODIS APAC is truly honoured to be named as the winner of the Outstanding Logistics Provider of the Year 2022 and we are delighted that the investments we have made into increasing our services in Asia Pacific in the past year has been recognised,” commented Onno Boots, Regional President and CEO, Asia Pacific, GEODIS. “We are looking forward to enhance our intra-APAC logistics services in 2023 and onwards, consolidating our strength in serving customers increasing their omnichannel offering via ecommerce.”
In its 9th edition, the Payload Asia Awards recognises the industry leaders and forward thinkers of the air cargo and logistics supply chain who stay at the forefront of the innovations to lead the new economy. This year’s winners were decided based on online votes and the evaluation of an expert jury panel, which include Brandon Fried, Executive Director, AfA; Celine Hourcade, founder and CEO, Change Horizon; Christos Spyrou, CEO, Neutral Air Partner; Edip Pektas, CEO, Airblox; Emma Murray, CEO and founder, Meantime Communications; Frank van Gelder, CEO, Pharma.Aero; Glyn Hughes, Director General, TIACA; Paul Damkjaer, CEO, IFCBAA; Paul Tsui, Managing Director, The Janel Group of HK; Peyton Burnett, Managing Director, TAC Index; Rod Franklin, Academic Director, Kuehne Logistics University; Tulsi Nowlakha Mirchandaney, Managing Director, Blue Dart Aviation; Vivien Lau, CEO, Jardine Aviation Services.
Congratulations to all the winners!
- Global Carrier of the Year – Polar Air Cargo
- Overall Carrier of the Year for Asia Pacific – Cathay Pacific Cargo
- Overall Carrier of the Year – Middle East – Etihad Cargo
- Best E-Commerce Carrier of the Year – Global – Polar Air Cargo
- Best E-Commerce Carrier of the Year – Asia Pacific – Raya Airways
- Rising Cargo Carrier of the Year – Asia Cargo Airlines
- Global Cargo Airport of the Year – Singapore Changi Airport
- Cargo Airport of the Year – Asia Pacific – Hong Kong International Airport
- Cargo Airport of the Year – Europe – Brussels Airport
- Global Ground Handler of the Year – SATS Ltd.
- Ground Handler of the Year – Asia Pacific – SATS Ltd.
- Ground Handler of the Year – Middle East – dnata
- Ground Handler of the Year – Europe – Vienna Airport
- Cold Chain Service Provider of the Year – dnata Singapore
- Global Cargo Sales Agent of the Year – Ansync Global
- Cargo Sales Agent of the Year – Asia Pacific – P-Cube Aviation
- Cargo Booking Platform of the Year – WebCargo by Freightos
- IT Provider of the Year – Accenture
- Air Cargo Technology Provider of the Year – Lödige Industries
- Global Express Provider of the Year – DHL Express
- Outstanding Freight Forwarder of the Year – DHL Global Forwarding
- Outstanding Logistics Player of the Year – GEODIS APAC
Relive more of the awards and visit the gallery for photos.
For media kits and information on advertising or sponsoring, click here.
Join the 10th edition of the awards.