India’s Industry Chamber Assocham has identifi ed about 250 post offi ces in Delhi and NCR that have vacant spaces, which can be used for cargo handling centres as well as putting up of fast food retail outlets. The chamber has mooted a proposal for Department of Posts (DoP) to use these places for suitable commercial utilisation either by setting up bulk cargo handling centres for railways and airports and chains of fast food centres. In Delhi and NCR, there are about 1,000 post offi ces operating with 80 percent of them having enough vacant space that can be used for cargo handling centres as well putting up of fast food retail outlets.
- FedEx adds Asia-Europe capacity with new PEK-CDG route
- IATA’s new North Asia head returns to Beijing
- Vietnam’s IPP Air Cargo targets September launch
- CEVA Logistics opens new warehouse in the Philippines
- Cainiao boosts parcel services to Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Hong Kong extends HK$7.8b bridge loan to Cathay