Nippon Cargo Airlines is returning to New York’s JFK airport, making it the only airline to provide direct freighter service between New York and Tokyo. The service was suspended in August due to skyrocketing fuel prices and limited capacity. Customer demand has increased recently, said the airline. Despite lower fuel prices, however, “the international air cargo market remains extremely harsh,” NCA said in a statement.
- FedEx adds Asia-Europe capacity with new PEK-CDG route
- IATA’s new North Asia head returns to Beijing
- Vietnam’s IPP Air Cargo targets September launch
- CEVA Logistics opens new warehouse in the Philippines
- Cainiao boosts parcel services to Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Hong Kong extends HK$7.8b bridge loan to Cathay