Dubai International recorded an increase of 19.5 per cent in passenger traffic in September, the highest monthly growth rate since October 2007 and the fourth consecutive month of double-digit passenger traffic growth. Cargo growth remained stable in September with a modest increase of 2.75 per cent. Dubai Airports Cargo handled 168,334 tonnes of freight in September 2009 compared to 163,836 tonnes during the same period last year. Year-to-date cargo volumes total 1.37 million tonnes compared to 1.36 million tonnes in 2008, a marginal increase of 0.4 per cent.
- FedEx adds Asia-Europe capacity with new PEK-CDG route
- IATA’s new North Asia head returns to Beijing
- Vietnam’s IPP Air Cargo targets September launch
- CEVA Logistics opens new warehouse in the Philippines
- Cainiao boosts parcel services to Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Hong Kong extends HK$7.8b bridge loan to Cathay