South Korean LCC Jin Air Co. will launch new international flights in the second half of 2014 as part of its strategy to expand its footprint in the airline industry. The wholly owned budget unit of Korean Air Lines Co. will start semi-weekly flights linking Jeju Island to China’s Xian and Quanzhou starting on 2 October. It will also begin long-haul daily operations to Guam in December, and will use the first of three B777-200ERs due for final delivery by mid-2015.
- FedEx adds Asia-Europe capacity with new PEK-CDG route
- IATA’s new North Asia head returns to Beijing
- Vietnam’s IPP Air Cargo targets September launch
- CEVA Logistics opens new warehouse in the Philippines
- Cainiao boosts parcel services to Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Hong Kong extends HK$7.8b bridge loan to Cathay