Royal Jordanian president/CEO Samer Majali has been elected incoming chairman of IATA’s board of governors. Majali will assume the role of chairman of the board of governors, at the 64th general meeting in June 2008 until 2009. He has been a member at IATA’s board of governors since May 2005. Majali is the fi rst airline CEO from the Arab world and the region to be elected chairman of IATA’s board of governors since former CEO of Middle East Airlines Saleem Salam held that position between 1986 and 1987. IATA will convene its 64th annual general meeting in Istanbul, Turkey next year.
- FedEx adds Asia-Europe capacity with new PEK-CDG route
- IATA’s new North Asia head returns to Beijing
- Vietnam’s IPP Air Cargo targets September launch
- CEVA Logistics opens new warehouse in the Philippines
- Cainiao boosts parcel services to Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Hong Kong extends HK$7.8b bridge loan to Cathay