Southwest Airlines has reported a fourth quarter loss of US$56 million, in part due to losses resulting from its fuel-hedging strategy. This compares with a gain of US$111 million in the same period a year earlier. Southwest paid 23 per cent more for fuel than a year earlier.
- FedEx adds Asia-Europe capacity with new PEK-CDG route
- IATA’s new North Asia head returns to Beijing
- Vietnam’s IPP Air Cargo targets September launch
- CEVA Logistics opens new warehouse in the Philippines
- Cainiao boosts parcel services to Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Hong Kong extends HK$7.8b bridge loan to Cathay