Express operator TNT is enhancing its service capacity between China and Europe with the addition of a new dedicated B747-400ER freighter. Non-stop flights will operate between Hong Kong and TNT’s European air hub in Belgium. This will allow faster transit times, control and visibility over shipments moving between Asia and Europe, while optimising its costs and fleet utilisation, TNT said. TNT says that with its geographical and economic proximity to the Pearl River Delta and its central location in Asia, Hong Kong is a natural choice as a hub for serving customers in the south of China, but also in neighbouring countries such as Vietnam, Thailand, the Philippines and Taiwan. It will add to TNT’s other Asian international hubs, Shanghai, Beijing, and Singapore.
- FedEx adds Asia-Europe capacity with new PEK-CDG route
- IATA’s new North Asia head returns to Beijing
- Vietnam’s IPP Air Cargo targets September launch
- CEVA Logistics opens new warehouse in the Philippines
- Cainiao boosts parcel services to Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Hong Kong extends HK$7.8b bridge loan to Cathay