The volcanic ash cloud that grounded flights around the world for six days last month had a minimal impact on growth at Dubai International as April cargo and passenger numbers rose 19.6 and 13.9 per cent respectively, year-on-year. The airport handled 178,357 tonnes of cargo in April and 3.9 million passengers.
- FedEx adds Asia-Europe capacity with new PEK-CDG route
- IATA’s new North Asia head returns to Beijing
- Vietnam’s IPP Air Cargo targets September launch
- CEVA Logistics opens new warehouse in the Philippines
- Cainiao boosts parcel services to Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Hong Kong extends HK$7.8b bridge loan to Cathay