WFS Fueling in Hong Kong announced that it has been awarded ISO 9001: 2015 certification, the International Organization for Standardization’s (ISO) flagship quality management systems standard.
Founded in 1998 to coincide with the opening of the new Hong Kong International Airport on the island of Chep Lap Kok, WFS Fueling provides into-plane fueling operations for over 60 airlines, including five new customers that joined in 2017.
ISO 9001 helps organisations demonstrate to customers that they can offer products and services of consistently good quality. It also acts as a tool to streamline a company’s processes to increase efficiency. WFS Fueling had achieved its certification following an audit covering:
- Management priorities and demonstration of leadership and commitment
- Commercial contract process and customer focus
- Quality policy
- Management system requirements
- Competence, communication and control of documentation
- Safety, environmental documentation and conformance
- Statutory and regulatory requirements
- Risk management
James Carey, WFS’ Regional Managing Director, Hong Kong & Singapore, said: “As a growing company committed to the highest global standards for security, safety and quality, this certification is very important because it confirms to our airline customers that we have the quality standards and processes in place to meet their own high expectations.”