An Antonov 124-100 freighter with a payload of up to 120 tonnes belonging to Maximus Air Cargo, the UAE’s largest all air cargo operator, became the largest civilian aircraft to touch the tarmac at the recently launched Dubai World Central Ã¢â‚¬” Al Maktoum International Airport recently. This was another significant milestone for cargo operations at Dubai’s new airport, which was launched by Dubai Airports on 27 June. The first phase of the airport has a capacity for 250,000 tonnes of cargo and five million passengers per annum.
- FedEx adds Asia-Europe capacity with new PEK-CDG route
- IATA’s new North Asia head returns to Beijing
- Vietnam’s IPP Air Cargo targets September launch
- CEVA Logistics opens new warehouse in the Philippines
- Cainiao boosts parcel services to Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Hong Kong extends HK$7.8b bridge loan to Cathay