Cargoitalia has reported a continuing improvement in performance for the first six months of operations in 2010, building on the strong start made in its first four months of operations, it said. From January-June 2010, the airline operated scheduled services on three routes: Milan (Malpensa) Ã¢â‚¬“ New York (JFK), Milan – Chicago, and Milan – Dubai – Hong Kong, during which Cargoitalia flew a total of 173 rotations including charter flights. Average monthly utilisation was up 60 per cent on the airline’s first four months of operation, at a total of 3,375 block hours. Cargoitalia carried 18,717,263 kilograms of cargo from January-June (up from 6,800,000 in the period September-December 2009). This represented 72 per cent average load factor by weight (up from 63 per cent) and 89 per cent average load factor by volume (up from 80 per cent). Cargoitalia now operates three MD11SF freighters, with up to 90 tonnes capacity.
- FedEx adds Asia-Europe capacity with new PEK-CDG route
- IATA’s new North Asia head returns to Beijing
- Vietnam’s IPP Air Cargo targets September launch
- CEVA Logistics opens new warehouse in the Philippines
- Cainiao boosts parcel services to Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Hong Kong extends HK$7.8b bridge loan to Cathay