Cathay Pacific has reshuffled key management roles in Southeast Asia and has promoted Ashish Kapur as regional head of cargo effective 1 September 2023.
Kapur has been with Cathay Pacific for more than 22 years and has held several managerial positions across various markets, including India, Africa, the Middle East and Northern Europe.
Prior to his current role, he was the area manager for northern Europe, where he oversaw the entire operations and managed the teams based in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland and Scandinavia. He replaces Siddhant Iyer, who will take on the role of head of cargo markets and customer solutions in Hong Kong.
Joining Kapur in Cathay’s Singapore office is Jonathan Ng, now regional head of customer travel and lifestyle for Southeast Asia. He succeeds Ray Fung, who is now Head of Lifestyle Strategy and Partnerships in Hong Kong.
Across the region, the following country managers are set to step in:
- Tony Sham, Country Manager, Indonesia. Based in Jakarta, he replaces Matthew Choi, who is now General Manager Corporate Planning for HK Express.
- Vishnu Rajendran, Country Manager, Philippines. Based in Manila, he replaces Donald Morris, who is now Country Manager, Korea, based in Seoul.
- Robbie Blackwood, Country Manager, Malaysia and Brunei. Based in Kuala Lumpur, he replaces Roger Li, who is now a Cadet Pilot with Cathay Pacific.
- Nicolas Masse, Country Manager, Vietnam & Cambodia. Based in Ho Chi Minh City, he replaces Jason Choi, who is now Regional Head of Customer Travel and Lifestyle, Northeast Asia, based in Tokyo.
- Keri Lui remains the Country Manager for Thailand, based in Bangkok.